Xbox has confirmed the first wave of games that are coming to Xbox Game Pass in September, including the already added GRID Legends, Disney Dreamlight Valley, Opus Magnum, and more. But, there’s already a whole slew of other games we know that will be hitting the game subscription service throughout the month.
This includes Fallout 76: The Pitt, the free update which will be available for all Fallout 76 owners, alongside Game Pass subscribers, on September 13. There’s also the full Grounded 1.0 release on September 27 and The Outer Wilds Xbox Series X|S version on September 15 (currently only an Xbox One version is available). You can also follow our interactive list of all Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games for the full lineup, create wishlists, rank, rate, and manage your backlog.
Everything Coming to Xbox Game Pass in September
So far these are all the games we know will be coming to Game Pass in September, but you can expect another wave announced around the middle of the month as well, bringing with it even more games.
- GRID Legends – Available Now
- Disney Dreamlight Valley – Available Now
- Opus Magnum (PC) ID@Xbox – Available Now
- Train Sim World 3 (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – Available Now
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (PC) ID@Xbox – September 13
- DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (Cloud, Console, and PC) – September 13
- Fallout 76 Expeditions: The Pitt – September 13
- You Suck at Parking (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – September 14
- The Outer Wilds (Xbox Series X|S version) – September 15
- Despot’s Game (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – September 15
- Metal: Hellsinger (PC and Xbox Series X|S) ID@Xbox – September 15
- Beacon Pines (Console, PC) – September 22
- Slime Rancher 2 – Early Access (Console, PC) – September 22
- Grounded 1.0 (Console, PC, Cloud) – September 27
- Moonscars (Console, PC) – September 27
Everything Leaving Game Pass in September
The following games are leaving the Game Pass library by September 15, o if you want to keep playing them you’ll need to finalize a purchase before they leave.
- A Plague Tale: Innocence (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Aragami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Craftopia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
- Flynn: Son of Crimson (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- I Am Fish (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Lost Words: Beyond the Page (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Mighty Goose (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- SkateBird (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- The Artful Escape (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks for September
- Rumbleverse: Smash Boxer Pack – Available now
- Dead by Daylight: The Legion & Yui Outfits – September 8
- Need for Speed Payback: DLX Content Pack – September 13
- Warframe: Twin Grakatas Jade Bundle – September 15
Best Game Pass Deal Right Now: 2-Years of Game Pass Ultimate for $135 (Save $224)
First up, your Game Pass subscription must not currently active – I repeat, you must not have an active Game Pass for this to work. Once you’re confident, proceed to the next step.
Next, you need to invest in up to 3-years worth of Xbox Live Gold. You can easily buy 12-month Xbox Live Gold codes from Amazon or other retailers, costing $60/£50 depending on your region.
I Recommend Stacking 2-Years of Xbox Live Gold
The maximum amount of stacking for Gold subscriptions is 36-months (costing $180), any more than that will be lost. So, to keep things safe for those who currently have a Gold membership, I recommend sticking to just 2-years’ worth (costing $120/£100).
Now, here’s the fun part. Once you’ve redeemed these codes and stacked your Xbox Live Gold membership up to your liking, you can then convert this time to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a 1:1 ratio.
Head to the Xbox Live Gold upgrade page and proceed to convert the time you’ve paid for directly into Game Pass Ultimate. If you’ve never used the upgrade feature before, this will cost $1/£1 (total cost coming to $121/£101). If you have used this before, it will instead cost you $14.99/£10.99 to upgrade.
Overall, at most, you’ll be paying only $135 for 2-years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (instead of $359). If you manage to pull off a 3-year conversion, at most you’ll be paying $195 instead (instead of $539). Now that’s a big discount. Once you’re done, just make sure you turn off self-renewal as well.
Best Xbox Game Pass Games
Robert Anderson is a deals expert and Commerce Editor for IGN. You can follow him @robertliam21 on Twitter.